Viral marketing is its simplist form is just word of mouth. Done right, viral marketing encourages people to pass along a marketing message voluntarily. To understand viral marketing and how it is done on the Internet I am going to use the Subservient Chicken example. In 2004 a web site appeared featuring a person in a chicken custume who would take commands online. The subservient chicken would do the bidding of what you commanded. The web site got circulated through email, social networks like MySpace and word of mouth. The site received tons of hits from all over the world. Everybody in the world who had a computer and Internet connection knew about the subservient chicken. The viral marketing was a success for Burger King in promoting their new Chicken Crisp sandwich. Also, the motto “have it your way” made sense for Burger King to offer “chicken the way you want it”. The viral marketing techniques used were creative and basic at the same time. Creative because of the subservient chicken and basic because of the subtle marketing message. There are many forms of viral marketing that can help your site and business. Viral marketing done right should boost exposure to your business.
You are here: Home > What is viral marking?
Tags: viral marketing
- Updating my site…. October 8, 2008
- WordPress 3.1 is out of Beta February 25, 2011
- Re-designed My Own Site June 16, 2011
- Firefox 5 and Google Bar June 23, 2011
- WordPress 3.2 Beta Release Candidate 2 June 25, 2011
- Mobile Posting with WordPress CMS September 10, 2013
- Brand New Mena Studios Web Services Coming Soon September 3, 2013
- WordPress 3.4 “Green” is the Latest Version, Upgrade June 13, 2012
- RIP Adam Yauch Founder of Beastie Boys May 4, 2012
- How Does Google Work? May 3, 2012
Follow @NJWebDesign777 on Twitter